Making Physical Therapy Fun
Pilates is a low-impact form of exercise therapy practiced worldwide by over a million people every day for stretching, physical therapy, and healing. It is a physical art with a focus on alignment and breathing in the core. You use controlled movements that have a likeness to a workout. The main principles behind the Pilates method are an increase in stamina, relaxation, precision, flow, control, centering, concentration, and postural alignment.
Here are Some Key Characteristics of Therapeutic Pilates:
- Low-Impact: Therapeutic Pilates typically involves low-impact exercises to reduce the risk of injury. This is crucial for those injured or older adults who may have more fragile bones and joints.
- Gentle and Controlled Movements: The exercises are performed with a strong emphasis on proper alignment, posture, and controlled movements. Seniors are encouraged to move at their own pace, and there is a focus on precision and quality over quantity.
- Adaptability: A qualified instructor will tailor exercises to the individual needs and limitations of each senior. The program can be adjusted to accommodate varying levels of fitness and mobility.
- Core Strengthening: Core strength is a primary focus of Pilates. Strengthening the core muscles can help improve posture, reduce the risk of falls, and support overall stability.
- Improvement in Flexibility and Range of Motion: The physical therapy exercises promote joint mobility and flexibility, which is essential for maintaining functional independence and preventing stiffness.
- Breath Awareness: Proper breathing techniques are integrated into the exercises to enhance relaxation, concentration, and energy flow.
- Balance and Coordination: Many Pilates exercises challenge balance and coordination, which are critical for preventing falls and maintaining independence in daily activities.
- Mind-Body Connection: Pilates encourages a mind-body connection, promoting mental clarity, concentration, and relaxation.
- Equipment: Depending on the program and facility, seniors may use specialized Pilates equipment such as the Reformer, Cadillac, or chair, or they may perform mat-based exercises. The choice of equipment can vary based on individual needs and abilities.
- Progressive Training: Over time, participants can progress to more advanced exercises as they build strength, flexibility, and confidence.
Our Physical Therapy Studio
We enjoy making therapy fun – to help you focus on where you are going.
Meet Omari, Our Certified Personal Therapy Trainer
Omari Kittrell began his professional career in health and wellness in Cincinnati, Ohio. Omari has been involved in fitness his entire life and wanted to share his enthusiasm with others. After earning an associate’s degree in business from the University of Cincinnati, he graduated from their Personal Training program and has obtained the following certifications thus far: Personal Training, Reformer I, II, and III, Pilates Mat, Centurgy, Group Synergy, and Silver Sneakers. His experience also includes fitness assessment, determining and helping to maintain fitness goals, neutral alignment, and writing individual wellness plans.
Omari has 20+ years of personal training experience and has been employed in the commercial and private sectors of the fitness industry. Omari owns and operates Optimo Fitness and has partnerships with chiropractors and medical massage therapists to achieve maximum results during fitness and/or rehabilitation.
Omari works with a diverse group of individuals daily. His clientele varies by age, fitness level, personal health, and wellness goals. Whether in one-on-one sessions or group fitness classes, Omari never asks more of his clients than he is willing to do himself. Oftentimes, he works right alongside them or alters a training program based on his client’s needs at any given time.
In regards to his personal life, Omari enjoys studying mixed martial arts with his colleagues, reading, watching sports, bike riding, hiking, and traveling with his wife, Shere. He is passionate about maintaining a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise, sound nutrition, and achieving overall health and wellness through mind, body, and spirit. Omari is excited to partner with you!
Tour Optimo Fitness Studio
Don’t wait any longer to feel better. Take the first step towards a happier and healthier you by scheduling your free visit to our physical therapy studio today. Experience the transformative power of therapeutic Pilates and start enjoying the benefits of improved strength, flexibility, and overall well-being. We look forward to welcoming you to Optimo Fitness and helping you achieve optimal health quickly and effectively.